Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Default Your Support, Still

Dear Eratosphereans,

When things are running well, seemingly, the trials and travails behind the scene required to keep the software, machines and Internet lines humming happily, and the corresponding landlords (ISPs, licensees, . . .) paid and non-threatening becomes unnoticeable to the general membership. A sort of out of sight, out of mind scenario. Indeed, we have not suffered any downtime or system malfunction in over a year, and it was not for lack of trying by the hackers whose ever-evolving threats consistently require significant resources to monitor and set up redundant, fail-safe countermeasures.

I sincerely thank all who heeded the call for support last time I posted in this vein . . . which I generally try not to make unless it’s absolutely necessary. The fact is that the support has dried up for close to a year after the last such request. However the financial demands for server, bandwidth and storage space come monthly like clockwork, and sometime more often than that with the unavoidable upgrades and maintenance needs of the hardware and software. And I’ve been handling all of these personally, all this time, regardless of the dried up member support. Yes, member support is voluntary, but it will be a great thing if it doesn’t completely die down to zero for close to yearly stretches.

So, for those of you interested in helping out, and who are in a situation that allows them to do so, I’ll simply point out that donation link is at the top of most forum page, here . The available methods are credit card (through Google Checkout), Paypal (indirectly through 2Checkout), or check by snail mail. And every little bit does help.

Thanks!
…Alex