Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 06-07-2024, 03:36 PM

Default Tony Barnstone's New Book of Poems...

Hi Friends,

Please see the flyer below. The book is available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/8196360142?ref=myi_title_dp

I am so happy to say that my new book of poems (kind of a new and selected reimagined as a themed book) is now available from Amazon.com. It has 10 amazing full-page color reproductions of paintings by Alexandra Eldridge.

A number of the sonnets (all the philosophical ones, which you might remember!) were aided by crits at Eratosphere.

Thanks! Tony Barnstone

In Apocryphal Poems, Tony Barnstone tells all the truth, but tells it slant, creating a world like ours but seen refracted in a slightly skewed mirror. Here are imaginary sciences, apocryphal religions, our mortality sprouting into new life, strange philosophies. Here is the Buddha as a flight of neutrinos, beach partiers in Florida as stars being swallowed by a black hole, the beast of the Apocalypse emerging from the labyrinth in the guise of AI, love manifesting as oxytocin and vasopressin, those groovy hormones. “Everything possible to be believed is an image of truth” writes William Blake, and in the refracting mirror of these poems our world shatters to reflect our strangeness, multiplicity and changing masks of life in the 21st century.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apocryphal Poems Flyer June 7 2024 smallest.jpg (82.6 KB, 138 views)
Unread 06-07-2024, 06:21 PM

Huge congrats, Tony! The cover picture is wild; I love it! Bodes well for what’s inside. Also “A Whole Lot of Florida” got my interest as that’s where I live now, for good or ill. “A Whole Florida of Despair” is a great title, it all kinds of sums up the state, which does contain pockets of relief in odd places. Sounds like an attractively wacko collection. Worth all the iguanas I have to sell to buy it (not enough to make a dent in the population, don’t worry).

Best,
Siham
Unread 06-07-2024, 11:31 PM

Hey, Tony, how exciting! I've been a big fan of your philosophical sonnets, particularly, and I'm really happy to be able to have them all in my hands now. It's so neat when somebody says they're going to do something big and wonderful and then they actually do. I've just put in my order. That's such neat artwork on the cover, too--mysterious and a bit spooky and very elegant at the same time. I can't wait to see everything that's inside. And of course it will feel like a special kind of surreally amazing to see little bits here and there that I had something to do with.
Unread 06-08-2024, 11:06 AM

Congratulations Tony! Great to see that those poems are out in the world. Love the cover, too.

-Matt