Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 01-14-2022, 09:17 AM

Congratulations, Mary!
Unread 01-14-2022, 09:18 AM

Just ordered
Unread 01-15-2022, 03:02 PM

Sarah-Jane (and anyone else outside the USA interested in ordering), the overseas shipping charge comes to about $20. Pretty steep, I know. About a month or two from now I expect it will be available on Amazon UK. If you would like to order one now, just get in touch with me here. PayPal works for payment.

Nemo
Unread 01-15-2022, 03:21 PM

Dear Nemo, Thank you so much for looking at the cost. Eek! I really would like to buy this book but waiting for Amazon looks like a far more budget-friendly option (I have a limited amount of disposable income) despite the fact that it's Amazon.

I'll get one once up on Amazon regardless, but, and I know this might be a long shot but is there any way you'd ever sell a 'print at home' .pdf version (not an e-book, just an accessible download) that overseas buyers could purchase for the same price as US buyers, but print out at home? Or an audiobook to download? Or another permutation that uses the affordances of digital whilst knowing that there's something special about a print book?

Sarah-Jane
(I am not trying to be awkward, promise, and I suspect that there are loads of legal reasons why publishers can't do this)
Unread 01-15-2022, 03:51 PM

Congrats, Mary! I love "Dictionary of Owl." I plan to order the book as soon as it becomes available on Amazon.

Last edited by Martin Elster; 01-15-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 01-15-2022, 04:17 PM

Sarah Jane, it has come to my attention that the book is already available for order on Amazon UK, though it will not ship until the official release date of February 2, 2022.
Here is the link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pools-June-...dp/1735823635/

Martin I am curious why you are waiting to purchase the book from Amazon. You do realize that ordering from them gives the publisher a mere fraction of the profits from a direct order. I am not twisting your arm, just curious.

Nemo
Unread 01-15-2022, 04:24 PM

Nemo, thank you. You have one pre-order.

I am excited to receive the book once it arrives. Oh, it is SO good to have reading things to look forwards to in 2022.

Sarah-Jane
Unread 01-15-2022, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Congratulations, Mary! It's a fabulous book from the sampling you read at the Carmine event! (And check your PM.)

Cheers,
...Alex
Unread 01-15-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Nemo Hill View Post
Martin I am curious why you are waiting to purchase the book from Amazon. You do realize that ordering from them gives the publisher a mere fraction of the profits from a direct order. I am not twisting your arm, just curious.
Only because I have points at Amazon. Plus, I get free shipping. Also I'm saving my money up. I didn't realize that they take so much off the top. So I guess I'll go and order the book now. Then I won't have to wait, and you won't have to twist my arm either, which could be painful. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading Mary's book.
Unread 01-25-2022, 06:23 PM

I was going to wait till Better Than Starbucks was published, and post a link to my micro-essay, but two things happened. First, I happened to see this quote from Ecclesiastes 2.6: “I made myself pools from which to water the forest of growing trees.” Then today, I showed my deaf friend the video of me reading and signing a poem, and he said most of my signs (even though I just made them up on the spot) were accurate!! It made me laugh and laugh. He showed me the sign I made for breathing is a combination of the sign for love and breathing, and he liked that.

I appreciate all your comments so much. Thanks.

Mary