Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-01-2024, 05:25 AM

Default Sphereans On Show In LUPO 65 March 2024

The first Lighten Up Online for this leap year is now up with a load of Sphereans leaping in its pages, namely Brian Allgar, Melissa Balmain, Alexandra Baez, Jerome Betts, Michael Cantor, Martin Elster, Robin Helweg-Larsen, Barbara Loots, Max Gutmann, Chris O’ Carroll, Martin Parker and Gail White as well as new members Marshall Begel, Bruce Bennett, Julia Griffin, Jenna Le, Bruce McGuffin and Richard Schiffman.
Some of the subjects treated by their flashing pixels are air-fryers, book-banning, cats, chocolate, food on TV, giant receipts, Handel, a New York encounter, parodies and burlesques, Proust, spring squirrels, sushi, and much else besides, along with their fellow-contributors hoping to provide some respite from the daily doses of bad news in these ever direr times.

https://www.lightenup-online.co.uk/i...-65-march-2024

Last edited by Jerome Betts; 03-02-2024 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Adding link
Unread 03-01-2024, 10:11 AM

Many thanks to Jerome for ushering me into the published poets' club and stretching to accommodate my unusual poem and its accompanying photo! Also thanks to the Sphere, for helping me to believe such a thing possible and getting under the hood with this poem. (This day has been a long time coming for me, though it was only the second time I'd ever submitted anything anywhere.) A special credit goes to Ann Drysdale, who supplied the entire second line--one markedly superior to the one I'd had. Looking forward to reading the whole issue!

Last edited by Alexandra Baez; 03-02-2024 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 03-01-2024, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Baez View Post
Many thanks to Jerome for ushering me into the published poets' club and stretching to accommodate my unusual poem and its accompanying photo! Also thanks to the Sphere, for helping me to believe such a thing possible and getting under the hood with this poem. (This day has been a long time coming for me, though it was only the second time I'd ever submitted anything anywhere.) A special credit goes to Ann Drysdale, who supplied the entire second line--one markedly superior to the one I'd had. Looking forward to reading the whole issue!
I remember this. You put a lot of thought and work into it. Look forward to more online appearances. Yay.
Unread 03-02-2024, 07:37 PM

Thanks, Joe. Yes, I hope to keep up the momentum!
Unread 03-02-2024, 10:22 PM

Congratulations, Alexandra. It was good to see the poem with the photo that helps one to visualize the cup and spoon.

Susan
Unread 03-03-2024, 02:31 PM

Thanks, Susan! Yes, I was so happy that Jerome readily agreed to include the photo.