Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 05-30-2022, 02:50 PM

Default Call for submissions of translations

I thought I would take the opportunity to remind those of you who translate poetry from other languages that Better Than Starbucks publishes translations and would like to see more submissions of them. I am the translation editor there, and I am open to translations from any language and era, though if the original work is not in the public domain, you must have permission to publish your translation. Copyright laws vary, but in many cases the copyright remains in force until 70 years after the death of the author. Quite a few current and former members of Eratosphere have had their translations and other poems appear in Better Than Starbucks.

To submit send your translation and the original poem in the body of an email to <betterthanstarbucks2@gmail.com>. Do not use an attachment. Do list the genre you are submitting to in the subject line. Because I cannot read all languages, I appreciate a literal translation to be included along with the literary translation, to help me judge the translation's accuracy.

The full submission guidelines are here: https://www.betterthanstarbucks.org/...ion-guidelines

Susan