Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-12-2024, 10:32 AM

Default Mixtape Mixup (404 Error)

John’s “Morning” poem was only sporadically available for a few days. That seems to have been fixed, but I still haven’t gotten so much as a glimpse of Ashley’s “Mixtape.” Some have seen and commented on it, though, so I’ll keep trying.
Unread 09-12-2024, 10:52 AM

I've run into a similar error from time to time, where I can access old posts but new ones throw a 404. I've found that signing out and back in again generally fixes it; you might try that if you haven't already.
Unread 09-13-2024, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the tip, Christine, but I haven't been able to open my own thread to read your response until now. I'll do as you say next time it happens.
Unread 09-13-2024, 11:17 PM

I get a different message — 502 Bad Gateway — sometimes when I've obsessively edited one of my posts about five times in a row, in close succession. (Which happens more often than I'd like to admit.) I've sometimes wondered if my OCD has brought down the whole site. Maybe it has. You can blame me just in case, Carl.

Hmmm. I just hit "Submit Reply" for the first time on this very post, and there it is: 502 Bad Gateway. Hard not to take it personally. Eratosphere hates me.
Unread 09-14-2024, 06:17 AM

Sometimes I get yet another message -- 666 -- and the screen turns red and the computer starts smoking. It only goes away after I draw a pentagram on the ground and sacrifice a goat, and in today's economy, goats cost a pretty penny. Rather annoying.
Unread Today, 01:07 PM

While we're on the subject of mysterious messages...

I have tried in vain to enter into the land of Eratosphericals, treading softly under the glare of "never", but each time I try I am turned away and told “For members only" and I become disoriented, thinking maybe I'm not signed in, but I check and I am, and then I think maybe I'm not the kind of member I think I am, which may very well be the case, but I'm too shy to ask... or I'm afraid that it's just me being dense and I'm overlooking the nose on my face... and I go away.

Unread Today, 03:57 PM

Eratosphericals has its own password, even when you're signed in. I got it by PM'ing Jayne and asking for it.