View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2021, 03:21 PM

Thanks, Fliss,

In the end, I wore a very severe black chiffon blouse with a white peter-pan collar number to contrast with the weirdness of the antlers. And it went okay! And that really is largely because of here as my poems were unreadable before.

I did it, anyway. To an audience of 45, which is fairly large for me. And had some nice comments and feedback and questions around journey-making, the value of poetry in trans-disciplinary curricula and how we bring ideas together for future performed events. Phew.

I love the idea of a pocket dress with blooms, btw. We once had a wonderful textiles student who made a cress textile - it was beautiful. (I also liked your morris dance pantoum - I know you've sent it out now so won't comment - but I thought it worked really well).

If anyone is interested in the conference contents, then it revolved around a theme of the ethics of care - of pedagogies of care - and of radical pedagogies, and how we might use the disrupted COVID-impacted landscape to try to imagine new futures for education which are less linear and which re-appropriate ideas of 'establishment' - not as external formal structures of power but as the students and staff establishing their sense of self through education.

I don't know how we'll take it forwards, but if anyone is interested in this kind of thing, PM me and I can send you links to keynotes/further ideas.

Sarah-Jane

Last edited by Sarah-Jane Crowson; 06-09-2021 at 03:24 PM.