View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2022, 04:16 PM

Hi Fliss,

The Everyman is beautiful. Thinking about Cheltenham brings back many old (some of them quite odd) memories, but it's good.

It's worth printing things out from time to time, maybe. Like you, I work mainly in the digital, but there's something very grounding about the hard copy - the touch and feel of a 'thing'.

Adrian's bridge is very impressive. You can see one of my Dad's trains here. He likes wagons more, I think.

PVA glue. Yes, they do, and they do still use it to the best of my knowledge - they water it down for small people. They used to use animal-based glues like copydex but PVA is now the dominant glue. Your post has made me realise that I'm quite knowledgeable about different types of glue, which concerns me a bit. I'd rather be knowledgeable about interesting abstract things, but no, it has to be glue.

Yes, the fox is the hinge part (and the hard cold bit of the 'real' part) in the poem. The stiff, cold feel of a dead thing, and the need to 'do' something about it, I guess, whilst the hunt was being celebrated inside (not that the fox in question had been hunted). I'll work it out, but it'll take me a while.

I might make the F on the left of this work-in-progress (posted below - but possibly only for a short period as I'm not sure if art forums are purged by the indefatigable Jayne) either a bear or a fox, or maybe the fish at the bottom needs to be a fox. Hmm. I think it's related to the fox poem. I really wish my brain worked in a clearer way. Despite the fact that I know that if I posted it on social media people would read the women as lesbians - the tension being located in sexuality and repression/dominant image in popular fiction as hinting at one whilst the narrative explores a very standard story - I don't think I'm reading it like that in the making, more that they're women in tension - women pushing stories, which relates to the fox poem, too.

Last edited by Sarah-Jane Crowson; 01-15-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: thinking as I type