View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2022, 02:47 PM

Hi Carl, and thank you. I love that photomontage. The fox-headed hunter is brilliant, and I can read narrative in it (might not be the narrative the author intended, but I can read it just the same).

Vispo, or visual poetry is huge and a very broad term. I work at the artsy, illustrative end, & get challenged by both free verse poets and traditional more analogue visual poets quite frequently (I use digital more than purists like but then I hate chopping up texts if they're in good condition). But this is my corner, I've trodden the grass down in it, and it's an interesting corner to be in.

Matt -

Here are some further images I took today. I can't stress enough to anyone who looks at these that this is NOT a professional quality book, it's a sample/mock-up. Hence the smears of copydex. But it hopefully gives you an idea of the tunnel book I'm making, which is very simple:

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/f...3fb30d285b999c

And if you're interested in tunnel books, these images by Su Blackwell (who is a very well-known paper artist) from the V&A collection are beautiful, imo.

Tunnel books are often made as artist books, and are a particular way of representing the world/narratives/places. Mine is more about found text and changing/re-inventing texts.

I would welcome all comments. I'd love to know whether you think it's interesting or aesthetically pleasing. I'd love to know whether you think that the concept works with the design (or whether these should have remained only as flat images .

Particular questions are:

Do you think that the way I've formatted the text works (round the circle) or should I try to replicate the erased/cut out text?

Should I consider having an envelope on the inside front cover that contains mini-images of the flat images and an explanation of the story of the book and source text?

Why does copydex glue smell like wet cat?

Sarah-Jane

Image of work in progress taken today -