View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2021, 07:03 AM

I did NaPo once just to see what it is like. From the quantity/quality point of view, I think of poetry writing to be a sum of a collection of subskills/subroutines/subpractices, and I think it is useful from a technical perspective to bring up a subskill to a high level of speed and quantity and quality, and what NaPo demonstrates is which subskill/subroutines/subpractices are already at a high enough speed/quantity/quality to be consistently relied upon in a month of frantic deadlines, but then one does not depend upon a particular month to try this out, unless one very much needs a emotional support network to get through the work.

One basic subskill/subroutine/subpractice might center soley on idea generation, another might be finding a form for an initial idea, or a small form like a triolet or the American sentence which allows one to practice various things simultaneously within a small scope (finding an idea, finding images, finding form, finding music, attention to detail, etc. etc)