View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2021, 02:28 PM

Hi Martin,

Yes, I think that piece is one of Debussy's lesser-known preludes. It does sound like parts of the Images.

Thanks for the links to Michelangi and Barenboim; I watched and listened during a work break today. I like watching people playing the piano.

Re. Michelangeli, before he started playing he looked like he was going to fall onto the keyboard, and I enjoyed the facial expressions he adopted throughout the piece.

The Barenboim was interesting to watch, but I didn't find the elegant lady entirely convincing. I think the viewer is meant to imagine what takes place behind the pillars, but it wouldn't have been a bad idea to throw in at least a fleeting shot of an attractive man.

Thanks for enjoying the revised stanza. And thanks for the link to your book; I'll see if it's available on Kindle on amazon.co.uk

It hasn't occurred to me to submit anything to a publisher, so there are no books to read. A lot of my writing has taken the form of private commissions and I haven't had time to think about anything else with all the work going on too. You'll probably laugh at me, but I would like to set up my own little poetry press one day.

Now, here is 'Entry', inspired by Schumann's Waldszenen. I wrote it with Word-Bird (my mascot), who here is named 'Coo'. We posted the series on a site where Coo has quite a following. 'H'indeed' :>)

Entry

As Autumn daubs her colours in our views
0of chestnut, lime grove, oak across the way,
midst Summer's greens, those mid-September hues
0of bronze and orange, yellow, day by day,
we contemplate a trip to ancient woods
0within imagination, free from pain
and dressed in flowered gowns with matching hoods
0in fabric well designed for sun and rain,
to wander through vast avenues of pine
0or pause awhile by sweetly singing streams
and sing ourselves, while quaffing fragrant wine,