View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2022, 12:54 PM

Hi Fliss,

I think Roger's idea of working on this post-production is a good one.

It might also be worth considering trimming the image - at the moment, when I try to read the picture visually, following the bridge, I don't have anything to focus on in the distance, so it seems a bit flat. And where I start to read the image, there's a distracting large pole towards the middle-top right. This might be a decorative piece of ironwork or might not, but we can't see the top of it, so it looks 'cut off', and I'm not sure if that's an intentional call or not. I wonder what the image would look like if you took the shot from a little further away so we could see the top of it?

What are your thoughts, Fliss? I frequently miss things in photography so it'd be useful to know what your intentions were, what kind of sense you wanted to evoke, and where you feel the image transcends the snapshot.

I also agree with Jason that the idea of bridges is interesting - the strength here is the subject, perhaps, rather than the technique. It's an interesting bridge, too, as it's a park bridge but the park isn't super-tidy so there's some wildness there. That could be an interesting idea to explore - that juxtaposition of wild and tame - the rural in the urban?

Sarah-Jane