Thread: Whoosh!
View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2021, 01:57 PM

Thanks, Sarah-Jane :-) :>)

I appreciate your words on my nature poetry; yes, it is gentle. I'm intrigued by eco-poetry, though, and I think I could try that too, as 'Fliss Twist', my rapper persona, lol (that particular FT might be too fierce for the 'sphere).

Please don't worry about knowing nothing about photography. I don't really know anything either; I'm just coming at it aesthetically. My camera is a simple point-and-shoot thing.

Thanks for loving the swans and houses; I was hoping someone might pick up on the juxtaposition (that was the exact word I had in mind!). Yes, the backs; I love the character of these houses. They're in the St Paul's area of Cheltenham, whereas I live in the far reaches of Pittville but still on the same street as dear George. I prefer the colour version too, but I'll have a look at colour splash. It's amazing what one can do nowadays with photos online.

Yes, 'Trio' was one of my lucky shots. I passed it to my friend Claire for suggestions and I think she sharpened it as my hands wobble sometimes. She might have 'whoomphed' up the colour too; I'll have to look at the original. My favourite thing about that photo is the similar shapes of the leaves and the feet :-)

I don't know where I'm going with the blog at the moment, tbh. I have a Facebook page now (agent's suggestion) and I'm linking to Google Blogger pages from there, but it's hard to keep up with everything. Part of me wonders whether it might be better to set up something on WordPress, a portfolio, but FB can be useful for engagement. I just need the time.

Do come back, if you wish. I don't know Ways of Seeing, so I'll take a look at that; and at the interview too.

Yes, the centrality of the swans and their circle is important to me. I'm also interested in finding beauty in rundown places. Somewhere I have an album of photos from the rather ramshackle Rodmarton Hall (near Cirencester) that might be worth a look 8-)

Best wishes,
Fliss