View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2021, 01:18 PM

Hi Matt and Fliss,

Thank you both for returning to this and helping me with my wicked problem of words and pictures.

Fliss - yes, I can make more things move (although that 'bit' is off-the-peg animations), and with time and effort I have (just) enough coding skill to get text to pop out or pop up as a cursor moves over the screen (not off-the-peg). I'm pondering aesthetically whether that works, as I'm a dumb slow person at coding, so it's a biggish time investment to make it happen so your comments are very valuable. There's also an issue about where I'd send it - but more and more online journals are accepting multimedia these days. It's more whether I can make the code work across different devices!

I'm working on a possible poem now!

Matt - I like your idea about the text. I could also make it follow a traditional labyrinth pattern (fairly easily, in photoshop). I think the prose-poem might make a sensible frame-thing. I'm trying to work on a more poemy-poem for it at the moment, to see how that might work, too.

thanks again both - much appreciated. I'd like to find ways forwards for this kind of thing that doesn't involve 'found'/collage or replications of found/collage text but also isn't quite an 'illustration and poem'. Your thoughts help.

Sarah-Jane