View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2021, 12:23 PM

Well, an ampersand; isn't that pleasant, Word-Bird? W.-B. sucks up the ampersand like spaghetti and nods, smiling :>)

Sarah-Jane, your avatar reminds me of a sculpture that used to stand in Gloucestershire's Forest of Dean, as part of the Sculpture Trail, in terms of a deer bearing object/s on his/her head. That sculpture was called, As there is no hunting tomorrow. It was removed years ago, but there's a photo here (quite a long blog; you could ctrlF 'as there' to get to it). I think three members of this herd are bearing an object. That was one of my favourites on the trail; and I also loved Crossing Place by Sophie Ryder. Once I wrote a poetry series based on the sculptures, which was probably not very good but a lot of fun.

You're welcome for my reading of your image. I see, a digital collage. There are all sorts of things in the public domain now; recently a friend joined Facebook and, to my delight, has an image of Charles Pooter as his avatar. It's all very interesting. And there I was, thinking maybe pastels and pencils. (W.-B. is laughing at me.)

Yes, difficult to escape Dante in this context. Well done for getting through some of his writings. I do see the frescoed ceiling now, and the other elements you mention. I think the tourists, owl, and mouse are very appealing, and I hope you'll keep them.

I haven't studied Art as an academic subject, which is probably why I didn't recognise this image as a collage. However, I do learn quickly, so I shall know how to approach your artwork next time.

Best wishes,
Fliss