View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2021, 02:16 PM

For those who care I will send the very best: I was using an iPod when the crap came in, and it affected only the belt-buckle sized iPod that I carry around. This Problem came in a package that I am convinced was innocent at both ends (mine and Kelsay's), in which Kelsay offered an alternative to PayPal (or a personal check) by using another pay service called "Square". The sample invoice from "Square" was for someone else's book (a good poet, by the way, known to many here), despite Kelsay's statement that it was for me, and which invoice disappeared soon after its arrival. [!!!] But, Bingo, I couldn't access a couple of standard Eratosphere features that always appear at the top right of this screen. That was it...? Everything else on the E-ball worked as before, and all other sites as well. I pondered and squandered and wondered and thundered. I don't think Kelsay had a finger in this rotten little pie. Maybe "Square" didn't either. If I were to name a suspect, I'd love to say Google. But I can't say. As to why, I can't say why either. Commercial espionage maybe. Yet why me? Just because according to a biased witness I'm handsomer than some guys even now? On a whim I excluded certain files from a backup. It was gone. But I've no assurance that was what removed the crap, any more than I know whence it came. Shee-it.