Thread: Freshtival
View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2022, 05:56 PM

Fliss, I'm sorry to hear about the demise of George. I hope a cat didn't nab him or something. I'm not sure I want to hear about the gruesome details, but if you happen to write a prose piece, I'd be interested in reading it.

Quote:
Yes, I did know that about guineas, having been involved in their care for well over three decades. Did you know that there's a section of the orchestra known as the percussion section? ��
Very funny! But even experts don't necessarily know all there is about their topic, right? I, for one, am sure there are rare or exotic percussion instruments in the world that I've never even heard of (or heard) much less seen or played. And there are undoubtedly aspects of percussion history I'm not familiar with. Anyway, I had a feeling you knew about the vitamin C story. I just found that nutritional factoid interesting, so I thought I'd share it, as other folks may also find it interesting. I've been listening lately to audiobooks about evolution, and the inability to produce one's own vitamin C is definitely a byproduct of natural selection.

By the way, thanks for wishing me well with the contest. That's encouraging (especially since I haven't had much luck their the last several weeks)!

Last edited by Martin Elster; 01-07-2022 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Typo