View Single Post
Unread 04-14-2020, 12:03 PM

x
Julie: "It's still a beautiful experience, but it's just not the same when you're not sharing the same sliver of eternity."

That's exactly it.
I'm not lamenting the demise of the communal chorus at the hands of the emergence of virtual one. I know that it is a kind of subspecies. Perhaps an all together different animal. One that was not possible until recently. Both are welcome… But yes, the labor of love, the blood sweat and tears, the toiling, is not the same. The experience is different.

Wow to your work navigating through all the hoops to bring the beauty of music to seniors in confinement. It is more than I can say, how much it must and does mean to them. I'm going to find a way to do that as soon as the time is right... Ukulele? Wow again! Amazingly, I watched a clip of Taimane Gardner this morning. Maybe you’ve heard of her?

One thing though — the end product of a well-done virtual choir or any other form of virtual musical expression is often mind-blowingly, fascinatingly beautiful, to me at least..
x
x