View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rainbow View Post
Oh my god, a different worldview than the allperfect, allholy one that I confirm to! I can't believe they are still allowing such crimes against humanity to exist. All I can do is keep myself civilized by being full of myself, spitting, vomiting and raging against nonconformity.
Kevin, I know that you intended to use the phrase "crimes against humanity" sarcastically, but you were actually right on target there.

White supremacist views like those habitually expressed by members of the Society of Classical Poets in their poems and essays trivialize and encourage LITERAL "crimes against humanity."

I am not going to apologize for getting agitated about worldviews that encourage whites to regard themselves as superior to my non-white husband, daughters, nieces, nephews and in-laws.

Interesting that you mentioned spitting. The xenophobes are the ones doing it, though. Spitting and coughing on people who are exactly like my husband and children and other family members, and using EXACTLY the same anti-Asian slurs for coronavirus that are encouraged by the Society of Classical Poets.

Watch even a few minutes of last night's town hall on this year's attacks on Asian Americans, and I hope you'll understand why I have so little sense of humor about this.

--Mrs. Sih

Last edited by Julie Steiner; 03-11-2021 at 06:01 PM.