View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2021, 03:12 PM

Thank-you so much - what a brilliant discussion, and I'm so sorry I was absent for the last part of this. I will catch up soon, and I hope I will have the headspace to think now that the April madness is over to do this justice.

My very knee-jerk reflections are that, for me, part of the draw of NaPo is the exercise aspect - and also really, really pushing that so you have to push your practice beyond where its comfort zone - & also a sense of 'belonging' - to be part of a community who are grimly posting poems-each-day regardless - at the end, anyway, of any agenda about quality. I know I use it to try to push my hybrid practice (this year, anyway).

Maybe it's just about 'making', and that NaPo creates a space to make? I think it's Deleuze & Guattari who talk about 'smoothing spaces to dance' - perhaps it's that.

But having said that, I really like and appreciate the ideas that Mark articulates, a kind of subconscious musing (I hope that's reasonably accurate) that can manifest the creation of poems more organically - outside of the dialogue about production/linear time.

It's SO interesting (for me, anyway) and thank-you.

Sarah-Jane