Thread: becoming myself
View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2023, 07:35 AM

I'm in Carl's category of art appreciation and I, too, would be happy to hang you on my walls along with others that I never get the courage fork up the cash to purchase.

Carl's admission that he'd "happily live in a Kandinsky museum" got me to thinking... It would make for an interesting discussion... I could happily live in a Georgia O'Keefe museum. I was at her museum in Santa Fe, New Mexico recently and would have stayed forever except for the fact that I had promises to keep : )

I am also in a period of rediscovering myself as a born poet. That makes us creative doppelgängers : ). I'm striving to revitalize my old self that I put on a shelf long ago.

I like your painting for its blueberry-ness and for its celestial body held in the throat and for its rich, controlled use of colors that hint at vibrancy but hold back from flooding the canvas with it. Given the palette of what is used to create it, I’d say the jpg. doesn’t do it justice. My guess is that it would jump and even glitter if I saw it in real time.

Welcome to the Sphere! This board does not get the traffic I wish it would, but don’t let that discourage you. The board is managed/moderated by a gifted artist (Sarah-Jane Crowson) whose work you would admire, I think. Keep posting.